Monday, October 15, 2018

Diwali CAS Cards by DT Jaishree Bansal


Hello Crafty Peeps,
This is Jaishree,  from Joyful Kreations. Today I am here at prika’s blog with 2 beautiful CAS cards. Since it’s the festive season and the theme of our blog is gold and glitter, following the same I made these 2 cards.

As I always make mixed media projects, be it canvas, covers or even cards, I thought of doing something different this time. Using stamping and embossing techniques combined with vellum and shaker elements I gave life to these cards.
List of supplies used:
➤ Neenah Solar White Card Stock
➤ White Vellum
➤ Jillibean Soup PVC Card Shakers
➤ Tubby Craft Diwali Greetings Stamp Set
➤ Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder- Ranger
➤ Stitched Circle Die- Little Birdie Crafts
Let’s have a look!


➤ I created both the cards in the regular 5 ½ x 4 1/4. For card one, I stamped, coloured and fussy cut a diya. I adhered it on my card base and water coloured around it. 
➤ Next, I cut a piece of vellum ¼ inch smaller on all four sides. I stamped the same diya on it with versamark clear ink and heat embossed it in tinsel gold embossing powder. 
➤ Similarly, I stamped the firecrackers as well. I stamped a couple of little twinkles from the same stamp set and heat embossed them in yellow colour.

➤ I stamped the sentiment in the colour plum and highlighted is using a red tombow marker. I added the sentiment on top of the diya to create a new layer and add dimension to my card. 
➤ I used a strong double sided score tape to adhere my vellum on top. To cover up the tape, I added strips of yellow golden glitter foam sheet on all four sides.

➤ For my second card I used a jelly bean shaker element. I die cut out a circular window on top of my card base and a circular frame using metallic gold card stock to adhere around my shaker. 
➤ I water coloured on the top of my card to make it look cheerier. I stamped and heat embossed the fireworks in the colour golden tinsel.

➤ I stamped, coloured and fussy cut a diya and adhered it in the centre of the window using foam tape. 
➤ I stamped a couple of twinkles in red colour around the diya. Next, I added shaker elements like golden sequence, pink and yellow stars, some micro pearl beads and finally a pinch of rainbow glitter.

Hope you liked these simple and easy to make cards for the festive season. These make for a perfect note cards to give along with your gifts. You can make tags in the same manner as well. If you plan to make your own, do tag me in your pics, I would love to see your makes.
Until next time
Keep crafting, keep inspiring!
Jaishree
................................................................................................................
Happy Crafting!!
Keep following Prika for more amazing Craft Inspiration!!

2 comments: